Serena Vianello and Tommaso Gasparin have transformed an apartment in Padua, located within a rationalist building designed by engineer Gino Briani in 1935, into a bright and functional home.
The duo has reimagined the interior layout to encourage a harmonious flow between rooms and allow natural light to illuminate every surface effortlessly.
One notable change is replacing an existing wall with a glass partition, which not only acts as a filter but also defines the living area.
The designers have also uncovered and highlighted hidden original elements, incorporating them into the space to honor the past. The historical features are given the attention they deserve by removing false ceilings, exposing brick walls, restoring period windows, and painting coffers.
Additionally, the hallway and bathroom are enhanced with a shade of octanium, while polished concrete flooring and birch furniture create a cohesive atmosphere throughout the different rooms.